Monday, January 28

I'm me & that's all I've gotta be!

First I read it on Kami's blog. Then I read Tiffany's. Then hers. And then hers. It was fun each time. Then I started keeping a running list of the things I would add to my 100 things about me. I would be driving down the road and think 'oh, I can add that!' Or I'd be going down the aisle at the grocery store and think, 'yes, I need to add that as well!' In order to return to the regular programming in my brain I had to get this out. If you were bored by my 7 things about myself, then there's no need to proceed any further.

100 things about me
1.When I was little I thought it would be fun to be a spy.
2.I still think it would be fun to be a spy.
3.I became a 'true aggie' when I was a sr. in high school.
4.I usually have a secret stash of these {Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies}
5.I don't like jumping on trampolines unless I'm the only one on it.
6.I procrastinate my housework like crazy, but then go on a binge and get a lot done in one session.
7.I wish that I had used more sunscreen growing up.
8.I wish I was tan.
9.I know that #7 & #8 contradict each other, but in my perfect world I could be tan without the worry of skin cancer.
10.I secretly wish I could have a tatoo. Just a small, discreet one.
11.I believe in following the prophet, therefore have not done #10.
12.If I could have hand picked my mission, I would have picked where I got called.
13.I have always had a fascination with Russia.
14.Deep down I believe we will get pregnant sometime this year.
15.I would give anything to give Eli a little sister or brother.
16.I believe in airborne
17.I have seen 12 countries & probably 28 states (I lost track).
18.I got to visit Finland twice while on my mission because we had to go there to re-new our visas.
19.I hate my gummy smile, it makes me really self-conscious.
20.The roof of my mouth is incredibly tall. My retainer was like 2 ½ inches tall.
21.I am usually hot and love crawling into a cold bed.
22.I love to eat and eat a lot.
23.My favorite country I've visited is Switzerland. It's so serene and picturesque.
24.I had a thing for Neil Patrick Harris in Doogie Howser, MD when I was younger.
25.In college my plan was to go to law school. That changed after my mission.
26.I used to teach at an alternative school for at-risk kids. I'm sure the toughest job I've ever done.
27. I have more regrets about my past concerning things I didn't do rather than things I did do.
28.One summer I worked at a chocolate factory. It was a job that has provided many funny stories over the years.
29.I wore lots of 'baby outfits' in jr. high. My sister still loves to laugh about it. There were hideous.
30.I recently got my hair cut really short and don't really like it.
31.I don't stress too much about a bad hair cut, because it's just hair and it will grow.
32.I wish I would've had the chance to be a dancer
33.I love to play soccer and wish I was better at it.
34.I've always been a big fan of Little House on the Prairie
35.I may have strong opinions about certain things, but don't judge you or care if you think differently.
36.I like having friends from all different walks of life.
37.I have an irrational fear that my husband will die.
38.I was hit head-on by a car at the point of the mountain.
39.Due to the injuries was life flighted to U of U hospital.
40.Miraculously, I did not end up with any major injuries. Just a few stitches.
41.I could easily entertain myself all day with a computer and an internet connection.
42.I have 22 nephews and 5 nieces
43.I don't think anyone is reading this anymore.
44.I like my long eyelashes; I've never used an eyelash curler.
45.I learned in high school biology that the hair that is on the uppermost part of my fingers is a genetic trait. Most don't have it.
46.I fear often that I am misunderstood or misread.
47.My facial expressions can be very intense & I don't even realize it.
48.I think when most people first meet me, they think I am a lot more serious, shy & conservative than I really am.
49.I have a scar on my chin from getting stitches from being pushed over while trick-or-treating. I was in 6th grade & my friend and I had dressed up like a pair of dice.
50.I like to make people laugh and will share embarrassing things about myself in order to do that.
51.I get a kick out of scaring people.
52.I still had baby teeth when I was in high school. They eventually had to do surgery in order to pull the permanent ones down.
53.I love surprises.
54.Unfortunately I have a very curious mind & can usually figure out surprises.
55.I love, love, love IKEA!!
56.I am not offended easily.
57.On the rare occasion that I do get offended, I get over it pretty quickly.
58.My wedding ring has Michael's birthstone in it.
59.I never paint my fingernails, but during the summer my toenails are always painted.
60.I consider myself to be open minded.
61.I believe in miracles.
62.I have gained a new appreciation and deeper testimony of the power of gratitude in my life.
63.I have a really bad habit of interrupting people when they're talking. I am working hard at fixing that.
64.I sleep with my mouth open.
65.I want to tour NYC really, really bad!
66.I am a lot happier person when I have something to look forward to (i.e., a vacation)
67.Bookstores relax and invigorate me at the same time. I love spending a couple of hours browsing through a bookstore.
68.I always have paranoia that my house stinks.
69.My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day
70.I have two different colored eyes
71.I am the 5th of 9 children
72.I have nothing near a green thumb. I can't keep anything alive; I'm surprised Eli is still breathing.
73.I admire you if you're still reading this.
74.I never met my paternal grandparents. They passed away long before I was born.
75.I am named after my great grandma – she was Maria Telford Taylor-- but it was pronounced like my name.
76.Her husband was Eli Taylor & that's who tater is named after—Eli Taylor Wickham.
77.I get my red hair from my grandma Johnson.
78.I am the only one in my family with red hair.
79.I'm not a big chocolate person (maybe because of #28??)
80.I like listening to NPR. My favorite show is Wait, Wait don't Tell me!
81.I love people: meeting new people, getting together, building relationships, learning from others, etc.
82.I have a teeny, juvenile crush on Zac Efron.
83.I love broadway musicals & any other live theater performance.
84.I got this for my birthday last year and love it!
85.Dealing with infertility has been the hardest thing I've ever dealt with.
86.I am really super hard on myself.
87.I dream of owning a house near the beach.
88.My astrological sign is Pisces.
89.I can always see both sides to an argument.
90.I desire to be completely comfortable in my own skin, but feel I'm a ways from getting there.
91.None of my 7 sisters live in Utah and it makes me sad.
92.I am a post-it freak & have all kinds, shapes, colors and sizes of them.
93.I love catalogs, I get at least a dozen different ones each month.
94.I would buy the whole Crate & Barrel catalog if I could.
95.I wish that the practical side of me had not influenced so many decisions in my life.
96.I want to go back to school and learn more things
97.I don't like confrontation at all
98.It's always been in the back of my mind that one day I'll write a screenplay.
99.I really want to be a faster runner.
100. Wow! I did it. I didn't think I could. {That's a sentiment I often feel about myself}

If I liked reading 100 things about complete strangers then I'd love to read 100 things about you! Give it a try. It's a fun exercise.

13 comments:

meleah said...

Mariah, I loved it!!! I read the whole thing. Some of the things I already knew. There were a few things I learned about you (Zac Efron).

Anonymous said...

Very impresive! I loved reading it all of the way through :-)

Liberti said...

Mariah I learned alot about you - we have even more in common than we already knew! You make me laugh, I love it!

Kristi said...

Loved your list. Let's plan a girls trip to NYC. Jason goes every Fall and wants me to come this year but he'll be in meetings for a lot of it. Let's go to some shows, be typical tourists, reminise(sp) over shrimp salad!

crystal said...

Wow..I learned a lot about you! I agree especially with #16, 72, and 83. I am jealous about #28!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I am glad you played! I agree with #'s 4,7,8,22,55,80 and 94. It was fun to read about you.

P.S. Your heart should have said...I heart Doogie Housier.(Spelling?)

Hassingers said...

Of course I read them all!! I love your smile:)#19. I agree with #'s 21,22,33,37,65,66,and 97.

kingwritergirl said...

It is so much fun to read these things about you! I admit I have a teeny tiny crush on Zac Efron too. How could you not?

Amy said...

Mariah,

I'm sure you don't know that I read your blog, but I want to let you know that I really enjoy it. I enjoyed reading 100 things about you, and I just might do it myself. I also really enjoy your 'Life is Beautiful' posts, and I might just use that idea as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amy Allred

Tiffany said...

How fun! I found you from your link back to my site! I loved reading your 100 things. It amazes me how many things I can have in common with someone I don't know. CRAZY!

Looking forward to keeping up on your blog!

Anonymous said...

like Tiffany, I found you from your link to my site... I noticed on my stat tracker you were sending people my way. Thanks!
And you're right, the 100 things exercise is fun with friends and strangers!

Shauna said...

How fun!?!?! Love 100 things about you. :)Love your cute blog, your whit, and your humor.

Patrea said...

Mariah

So I got hungry in the middle of reading the list, so I will return after I get a little snack, But I love it!!! Your awaesome!!!