Monday, January 7

I loves me some Oatmeal

I truly do. I always have. When I was younger I'd leave a note for my mom in the kitchen requesting she make oatmeal for breakfast. I have worked hard at getting Eli to love it as much as I do. It's taken awhile...at first he wouldn't even touch the stuff...but I think we're finally there. He'll eat a whole bowl now. Of course the added brown sugar is mandatory. I couldn't have been more proud than when he shared this little cheer with me. Completely unprompted, I might add. {Obviously the version you're watching was prompted because I had to run and grab the camera. I may be a blogger addict but keeping the camera at the breakfast table is still beyond me.}

A few minutes later he said, "mom, this is how the real one goes," and then had this cheer to share. I think he may have a future in pep squad/cheerleading--his voice is certainly loud enough! Oh and just for the record, it's my parents who have done the brainwashing...I'm an Aggie & Michael's a Wolverine...not much of Cougar fans around here ;)

7 comments:

Gail said...

Eli can come to my house anytime and cheer with kohl for the cougars. Kohl will break into cheer anytime we are by the stadium and it usually scares me as we I am driving.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Funny! Eli, Kyle will agree with you.

As for me, Cougar is the other white meat. ;)

Mariah said...

I like that attitude ;)

kingwritergirl said...

How cute, although I have to admit that we bleed red at my house. None of this BYU crap allowed... sorry. ;)

So when I was a girl I had to eat my oatmeal with more brown sugar than oats. It was an eye-opening experiance for me to one day eat it as an adult and realize it was just as good without mounds of sugar masking the taste.

Michael Wickham said...

I think oatmeal is nasty without the right combination of condiments (salt is a small addition that makes the sugar taste better - which makes the oatmeal palatable).

The Eli Oatmeal Cheer is a good thing to hear even if one doesn't like oatmeal.

Kristi said...

Jason will be so proud. He might shed a tear over both cheers!

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

That's my boy!