Wednesday, October 3

I'm not a candidate

The clomid was not good to my body. Apparently there are some who react adversely to the clomid which makes their uterine lining shrink and their follicles remain small. Unfortunately I am one of those. My lining measured at 4.5 and it's supposed to be 8. The majority of the follicles were 8 and under and they should be at 14 or greater. I'm deeply disappointed that we can not go forward with IVF on this cycle. I was all geared up for it. Now it's back to square one: more birth control for 2 weeks and then when my cycle starts again (that's going to be a hard day! I thought I had said goodbye to my period for 9 months) we'll be back into the doctor to start over. We'll be pursuing traditional IVF next time since the clomid doesn't like me. More shots & more money :( It's interesting because I had a weird feeling this morning that something wasn't right. I even said to Michael, 'I feel really nervous for some reason.' I guess it's not our time right now. I'm very sad. Although a few weeks doesn't seem like a big deal, it feels like an eternity to me.

6 comments:

meleah said...

Mariah, I am so sorry. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. I love you! I will keep praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Mariah, I love you. I am so sorry. I can only imagine how disapointed you must be. Hang in there sweetie.

Anonymous said...

That has to be so devastating. I'm so sorry. I really hope that the traditional IVF goes better.

campbell said...

Mariah,
I just love reading your blog. If we all put our trials on the blog how much we would learn from them. I feel so sorry for you but I know there is a reason for everything. Hang in there.
Laresa

Anissa said...

Mariah, we'll keep praying for you! I can't believe that photo of all those medicines you are taking. What a process!

Laura Lee said...

News like that is not what you want to hear and hard to deal with. Hold your head high - keep forging ahead. Miracles happen everyday!!! We have had several in our ward already - with many failed attempts and cancelled cycles. Let me know if I can do anything.