Friday, February 29
Weird for Thought
Have you ever wondered how many football fields it would take to line the golden gate bridge? (16) Or how many small intestines could fit along the length of the Great Wall of China? (1076788.478) You haven't? Me neither. But, thankfully someone else has done all the thinking. At the website where they compare completely unrelated items, aptly entitled weird converter, you can compare the weight, length/height and volume of very odd things. It would take 205.28 of Shaquille O'Neal's to reach the height of the Empire State Building. Olympic swimming pools? You would need 4169299479.966 of them to fill the Grand Canyon. While I recognize it's not earth shattering knowledge, you can still rest assured knowing that the next time someone asks how many chickens are equivalent to Tom Cruise's weight you can confidently reply 45.35970244035.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I can't wait to tell Nate about this website. His joy in life is learning totally random facts that don't really mean anything.
Our small intestines must be a heck of a lot longer than I thought!
How fun, where the heck did you find this?
although the small intestine is over 20 ft. long that math did not add up (since the Great Wall of China is 1500 mi. long). My apologies--I put them in the wrong order when using the converter. You'll see I have made the correction :)
Post a Comment