Friday, August 8

Let the games begin


I am so pumped about the Olympics starting today. I was only 8 when Mary Lou Rhetton scored a perfect 10. I was 12 when Greg Louganis hit his head on the diving board. I remember perfectly when Kerri Strug struggled through her broken ankle to give the US gymnastics team the gold. And who can forget when Rulon Gardner upset the world when he beat the undefeated Russian wrestler? I can't wait to see what Beijing has in store for all of us. If you try to get a hold of me in the next couple weeks, you'll find me parked in front of my tv!

** In the spirit of going for the gold, I found this post incredibly inspirational. She's not talking about it in the context of the Olympics, but the same could be said of any athlete who's in Beijing fulfilling their dreams--be true to yourself. I'm sure none of them could have gotten to where they are without that conviction.

4 comments:

J Glazier said...

I remember all of those moments too. We're making Olympic Cupcakes today to celebrate.

Kriss & Jenni said...

I too am so excited for the Olympics. I remember some of the event you were talking about. I can't wait for the kids to see gymnastics since that is what they are into right now.

Sabine Berlin said...

I love the Olympics.

meleah said...

I am way excited for the Olympics!!! Thanks for the link, I read it and really liked what she had to say.