see my mom's blog for more details on Grizelda, a.k.a the tumor
It's like a bad movie that for some reason is granted a part 2. You wonder: the first one was awful, why would they bother? The news that hit our family this week was frustrating (an understatement at best). My mom's tumor has returned. It's nearly as big as it was before and in the same location. The eye surgeon who did the operation before told her to consult a special radiologist who could go in with a cyber knife and remove it with radiation. Trouble is at their appointment today he saw too much risk and was baffled by the entire situation. According to the pathology reports which determined the type of tumor it was, it's not supposed to grow. In addition, no one involved has ever seen this type of tumor in this location. More questions, more frustration. The specialist will be consulting with the other dozen-or-so specialists in the world & getting back to my mom.
It's interesting when life offers you a part 2 in the crash course of this Earth life's essential lessons. Wasn't the first one good enough? What did I fail to learn the first time around? I've seen it in my own life as well & I don't have a lot of answers. But I know, more than ever, that the Teacher is always willing & eager to see us learn. Learning to allow Him to create goodness, peace and hope out of frustration and anxiety is something I'm intent on returning to.
10 comments:
I'm so, so sorry to hear that, Mariah. Your family will be in my prayers!
Im so sorry Mariah. I love you!
May this bad sequel be brought to a quick and happy ending - my thoughts and prayers are with your family!
Just when we think we have learned the meaning of something we are thrown for a loop. I am so sorry you have to deal with this again. Our family will pray for you and your mom and all your sibilinigs to have understanding and comfort.
Mariah...know that we are here for ya if you need us. We will pray for you and your family. Stay strong and keep the faith.
When I read about this the other day I was so sad for all of you! Hang in there. You are in my prayers. Are we going to console ourselves over lunch???
I am saddened to read this about your mom. We just talked about her a few days ago and everything was good. My prayers are with you and her at this time and I hope and pray the specialist figure out something that will work and everything turns out okay. Send Eli over if you ever need someone to watch him.
Sista-
love the post!!!
i guess we all have something to learn....just wish I had the answers too!!!
Love you sis...Miss you tons!!!
Favorite sista!!
hey i finally commented
I'm sorry to hear this. What a difficult time for your family. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Mariah - your family is in my prayers :)
Post a Comment