(Remember Tiffany? Did that song just start going through your head? Yeah, me too.)
A random list of things that could've been blog posts if I had taken the time to sit down and write. So much has been on my mind lately that I can't even finish a sentence.
** Sisters. I may still sit down and pour my heart out about how much I miss them & want them close right now. It really stinks that I have 7 of them (7!!) and none live close. Phone calls just don't cut it.
** Being a mom. Love it & want to do better at it.
** Prop. 8 in California. So glad it passed, but more grateful for what it did for me. I feel there will be many more opportunities to take a stand on this issue as well as others in the days and years to come. Fence sitting is no longer an option (I suppose it never was).
** HEROES. We're addicts. We're about 1/2 way through the 2nd season & only started 8 days ago. Yikes! That's 27 episodes in only a week +. This must be why I don't watch much tv--once I start, I can't stop.
** The Election. It felt so good to vote. I'm very grateful for that privilege. I felt good knowing that I made an educated choice. And although Obama was not my choice, I'm grateful we live in a country where we will witness the transition to a new president without fear of a military coup or violent protests.
** Yummy meals. I've tried some new things lately and it pleases me to present my family with a healthy, homemade meal. Always has, but lately I've taken more pride in it. It makes me happy.
** Home. There's no place like it. I've had an irresistible urge to stay in the comfort of my own home like at no other time in my life. For some reason, whenever I go out I get sad and I'm antsy to get back home. I suppose it's my healing spot. Everything's okay when I'm at home.
** The temple. When the primary kids & some dads sang "I love to see the temple" at the program yesterday I cried. It was always my favorite as a kid. I'm grateful for that place of love and beauty.
** Infertility. It really stinks. Big time. 'Nuff said.
** Projects. We've gotten some fun things done around here.
** the Holidays. I am anxious to celebrate and feel the peace this season brings.
** lovely flowers. We were all at Costco & Eli wanted to play knights. He was Sir Knight Jacob, Daddy was Sir Knight Jones & I was Sir Knight Meggie. As we passed the flowers on our way to checkout he said we needed to get some flowers for our lady. I replied that he should consult with Sir Knight Jones about that. Luckily Sir Knight Jones can rarely resist Sir Knight Jacob's requests. I received a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers. They make me smile, as my knights do, every day.
Monday, November 10
Could've Been
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Sir Knight Meggie, what a great name. I love your thoughts and I am also addicted to Heros..Oh I got to go it is starting.
What a sweet post, Mariah. Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering how you've been doing lately...
I think it's awesome we had the SAME pajamas as kids! WOW! I love your flower story..too cute!
I too loved hearing that song in the program yesterday. Something about all the little voices singing it. It was so sweet.
What an awesome post! Love it! Keep posting!
Love your thoughts here. And... wow! I haven't heard a Tiffany song forever!
Mariah!! I don't know if you remember me, I'm Cat I was in the play group a while ago. I have so many pictures of that Halloween party at your house. So fun!! I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE TIFFANY!!! Radio Romance was my favorite song! LOL. Totally makes me want to go get her album.
I also saw your "Wicked" did you get tickets? If you did I'm extremely jealous! I am hoping there are 2 extra seats on Dec 12th that I can get before they are completely sold out! LOL.
How are you? Are you still living in Orem? Come look at my blog to see what were up to these days, and I for sure will be coming back to see what your cute family is doing!! I'm glad that your doing great!
-Cat-
Post a Comment