
Oh, how I love thee. Our love affair started when I was just in the 8th grade and attended a youth city council conference. Your campus was overwhelming at the time but that became the first of many times I'd cherish being with you. I came to visit the other day, the first in a very long time. The canyon was beautiful. Nearly storybook-like, with it's green foliage bursting in every hill and valley. Every turn and hill made me more anxious to arrive. It is the perfect homecoming parade to invite one back. That's exactly what it feels like when I come to see you--like I've come home.
My years spent earning my college degree with you are some of my fondest memories. I met some of the greatest people; they may have taught me more than all the books that I lugged on and off of Old Main hill. As an Aggie, I grew up. Yes, I was born and raised in Bountiful--but I grew up because of you.
The good times came rolling back as I drove through your streets and visited my old haunts. Hazel's still has the corner on delicious homemade bread. It may be the sole reason I remained nourished as I penny pinched my way through school. The memories were almost overwhelming. Little did I know back then that those stressful days of finals, papers, and projects would be something I'd look back on with fondness. I wish you could have told me at the time to slow down and enjoy it. For reasons that have since been unsubstantiated I was anxious to leave you.
Of course I have since made more happy memories and my family has their own place in a different town. But, I miss you.
xoxo,
mariah
Wednesday, June 11
Logan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Oh how this makes me think of my college days...they weren't too long ago...I miss!
I didn't go to college up there, but my grandma lives in Wellsville so I always love to visit.
The real question, though, is are you a True Aggie?? :)
Funny how easy it is to look back and appreciate things so much more than we may have while living it. Cute post!
You captured my feelings so well! Too bad those wonderful times can't be recreated. Remember Norm Jones? He was my favorite professor of all time! He was married to my very favorite English professor, Lynn Meeks. Lynn passed away last year of cancer. So sad. I will always treasure my time spent as an Aggie and all those continental memories! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
So funny, I feel the same way about Cedar City. The first time I went there in middle school i knew I wanted to go there for college. How fun.
Beautiful! You brought back so many memories for me. I love my days as an Aggie also. I wasn't as immersed in it as you were, but felt the loving tug of the university.
Mariah, I just can't believe how long it has been. Our time at USU seems like a lifetime ago, and at the same time my memories are so vivid. I would love to hear from you. I want to hear what you have been up to these past what... 10, 11 years?!
Post a Comment