Sunday, June 22

Life is Beautiful

(Eli & cousins, minus Bubba, who was in bed)
**1 Being a mother of five while I watched my sister's kids for a day and a half. All boys, too. It was lots of fun to have the house full of laughter and energy.

**2 Soaking up the sunshine! I love hot summer days when kids run through the sprinklers. It brings back so many memories & I love the smell of water hitting hot cement.

**3 Perusing all my mission stuff for a lesson I taught today. The pictures, the letters, my journal...I'm so grateful I have a record of it all. As I read through my journal there were many things that happened that I have no recollection of (I guess 10 yrs. has a way of erasing your memory). It's just a really good thing I have the records I do because this brain isn't getting any sharper :).

**4 Watching a movie out under the stars with my little family.

**5 Having good friends who'll laugh the night away while we play games and let the kids do their thing. Good times!

4 comments:

Moira said...

Sounds like you've been having some good times? Good for you. I love the picture of the boys eating popcorn. That is my kids favorite thing to do. Watch a movie with their pillows and blankets and a bowl of popcorn.
You rock!!!

campbell said...

Hey Mariah you almost had as many boys as I did. It is amazing what energy boys bring to the house. Also thanks for the reminder about the journals. I was thinking a lot about that lately. Because I haven't been as good as I used to be. I know I forgot so many things.

What's Cookin?? said...

I've been home from my mission for 12 years! I thought I learned alot from it, but I can't remember too much with the mommy brain I got goin on! Thank goodness for those journals! It's fun to read them and remember that there was a time when I sort of had it together :)! What happened :)?!?!?

Moira said...

Yeah..it was so funny. I kept looking at him saying I know that kid from somewhere. Then I thought it was Eli but didn't see you or Michael. So I was second guessing. Finally confirmed it was him and he and Shaylee played for a bit.
But he was doing some karate chops and accidentally hit her. So she chilled for a bit...then it was back to playing.
I love that place....the kids are always so tired when the get home.