Monday, June 8

Zippered

For many Fast Sundays now, tater has asked me when he could go up and bear his testimony. I explain to him each time that when he feels like he can do it by himself then he's welcome to go up there. He always chickens out after begging me to accompany him. Yesterday I told him that during family home evening he could practice at home. I had forgotten about this conversation, but he reminded me and then stood up with the remote as a microphone and said many of the usual things and then,

"I know we can be zippered as a family forever."

huh?..."sealed?" Michael suggested.

"Yeah, it's like we're in a bag forever," and then did the motion of sealing a ziploc bag.

I kept chuckling but tried to hide it from him. He then reassured me by saying, "I won't say that part about the zipper when I do it for real."

Then tonight when I tucked him into bed, he wanted to read books. This is the book he chose.

This kid's ability to entertain and amaze within a matter of minutes has always been impressive.

7 comments:

Liberti said...

He's a hoot - I love it!

Becky Rose said...

Halarious! Great little guy you got there. The church has a new Mormon Message video on Youtube called "trust in the Lord". It's about infertility and adoption. It's on my blog if you can't find it.

Talena said...

You go Eli! That is hilarous!

Wendi said...

What a cute little guy. I really hope you'll be able to have more like him. :)

LaurieJ said...

I can't get enough of that boy's thoughts and comments :-)

A girl in our ward just called to the Moscow Russia mission! I thought about you and what a cool experience that would be..

So when is our lunch date??

Jenny Erazo said...

That is so cute! He sounds like a great little guy!

Anonymous said...

How Cute is that. You almost wish he would say the zipper part in sacrament. That's pricelss.